Senior Product Designer (Mobile)
We’re looking for a motivated and hands-on Senior Mobile Product designer who will be part of the Clinician experience design team. In this position, you will shape the user-centred mobile experience along the web app to support Physicians’ clinical decision making at point-of-care. You will be responsible for designing the mobile experience and guiding the native app product teams (iOS & Android).
Why this role exists
AMBOSS has started preparing medical students for final exams in DACH and the USA. Over the past years, AMBOSS has extended the content and product offering beyond exam preparation to also answering clinical questions. Our current goal is to strengthen our clinical reference and clinician tools. In the past mobile apps were mainly a complement to the web product. Now, we see more and more users demanding an equally strong mobile experience that integrates seamlessly with our web experiences. As a Product designer in this role, you are one of the key people that help to define and execute product changes towards these needs.
In this role we expect you to define easy to use tools to access crucial medical knowledge within a sensitive time span in a clinical setting. The work will impact how the medical community will consume and keep their knowledge up to date in the future.
To be successful in this position (over 12 months) you will:
- Define and improve mobile experience to increase adoption of the mobile app within hospitals in the US and worldwide and to establish AMBOSS mobile product to be in a market-leading position in the US.
- Develop new product concepts, prototype and validate them with medical experts to define meaningful product changes that help to improve user satisfaction and grow business.
- Deliver well crafted and easy to understand specifications to the product teams for the proper implementation to help teams build world-class mobile apps at scale.
- Partner with our in-house user research and data teams to understand what are the main user problems, address them and propose solutions.
- Lead your cross-functional product team to embrace the best mobile design practices.
- Contribute to the AMBOSS overall design team work e.g design system, interaction patterns or to other design-related topics.
What you will bring
- A career developed upon a solid foundation of core design skills; Strengths in interaction design, UI systems, and prototyping complemented with capabilities in user research and visual UI design.
- Roughly 5-8 years of design experience. Preferably you hold an academic degree in design, HCI, UX or related field.
- At least 2 years of proven experience designing for mobile
- A keen eye for detail, but know how to rapidly solve problems using everything from a basic sketch to a high fidelity prototype.
- Understanding of impact and success metrics to focus your design efforts and empathize with business partners goals.
- Understanding of how to break work into shippable increments to support development and iteration.
- A growth mindset and enthusiasm for collaborating successfully across disciplines and cultures to develop concepts and solutions.
- Proficient English skills as focus sits on the US/Eng market.
When applying, please also include your portfolio.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job