Principal Product Designer
We’re looking for an exceptional Principal Product Designer - Student Experience to join our Berlin-based team to craft easy-to-use, thoughtful product experiences and engaging interfaces that empower our members; Physicians, Medical Students, and Partners. And lead us toward our ultimate goal – to improve the lives of patients.
Why Product at AMBOSS?
The AMBOSS Product Design prides itself on its user-centric approach, with user value placed at the very heart of every decision. With transparency integral to the functioning of both Product and AMBOSS. Team members are always kept informed and encouraged to question and influence product decisions.
Our Product and Product Design department’s open-minded, innovative, and hands-on approach is one of the crucial contributing factors allowing AMBOSS to scalably improve the quality of healthcare delivered at the point of care.
Check out our Engineering, Product & Design blog updated weekly to get a sneak peek at our team.
What you will do
- Lead and drive design strategy, end-to-end consumer experience that creates meaningful change for our student experience.
- Execute simple and appealing designs from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, crafting high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Analyze, evaluate and define the problem space from multiple perspectives, uncovers new problem areas translating those quickly into actionable activities.
- Facilitate cross-discipline sessions as part of early product discovery - pulling from a toolbox of lean UX approaches, design sprint, and prototyping methods.
- Be a true peer to Product, Engineering, and Medical collaborators - supportive yet challenging and using emotional intelligence to foster excellent teamwork and decision-making.
- Help us build a strong design and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the design team, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organization, and participating in the broader design and health/ed tech communities.
What you will bring
- Proven track record of guiding teams in framing and solving hard problems - solutions will have had significant impact on the org.
- Expert in user experience design/interaction design, with accompanying experience in user research and visual design.
- User-centred design skills - detail-oriented with a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma and modern prototyping tools.
- Deep understanding of leading UX or Product Design initiatives, with activities ranging from leveraging data analytics and user research insights in user experience, running product design processes, and testing solutions.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. design, engineering, research) and highly skilled at stakeholder management.
- Ability to go from macro vision to implementation details in an iterative, highly collaborative, and supported way.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
Apply for this job