Physician Business Development Specialist, US Clinicians
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we have used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their global reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS physician product provides easily accessible and actionable clinical knowledge that empowers physicians to provide excellent patient care. As our Physician BD Specialist for our US Clinicians department, you will champion our product to support B2B sales with healthcare service organizations by having a deep understanding of our target audience, their unique challenges, and our physician-tailored solution.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Showcase the value of our clinical product to prospective clients through an engaging, genuine approach that is based on your knowledge and experience in clinical care.
- Partner with and support the US B2B Sales team by assessing and addressing challenges unique to the healthcare services industry that may influence customer buying decisions.
- Strengthen our brand awareness and drive product demand by engaging key contacts, attending relevant conferences, and co-creating B2B marketing materials.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with influential partners that may facilitate future sales and business growth.
- Actively search for and engage in opportunities to discuss and represent our product within the medical industry.
- Obtain and relay customer and prospect feedback to assist our product development teams in their efforts to create the optimal clinical knowledge tool for physicians.
- Collaborate with market leads and cross-functional peers to ensure optimal business development. Provide periodic reports on client interactions and other key performance indicators.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Practical experience as a working physician within the US healthcare services industry, preferably in a hospital setting and in a non-surgical specialty.
- Working knowledge of using the Amboss platform in a clinical setting is preferred.
- A keen interest in the field of business development combined with the desire to execute our mission: Empower all doctors to provide the best possible care.
- Pre-existing relationships with influential contacts that can drive our business growth are preferred.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, at ease with ambiguity, and driven by a need to succeed.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Very strong interpersonal communication skills, complemented by both excellent verbal and written communication
- Expert presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Effective analytical / problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of sales and customer relationship management (CRM) tools (e.g., Hubspot) preferred.
Primary Job Location: New York City, USA
Travel: Willingness and ability to travel across the US (up to 50% time)
Education: Medical Doctorate (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required (no exceptions)
Minimum years of work experience: ≥ 3 years of practicing medicine in the US (can include residency)
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 22 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development + 10 days learning and development leave that can be used over a 2 year period.
- Get a serotonin boost with our monthly team events.
- Flex your cortex! Take part in our internal and external seminars, training sessions, and workshops.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? We’ve got you with our employee mobility perks.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Enjoy healthy snacks and food in the office, and become a master barista with our amazing coffee machine.
- We’ve got you covered! We’ll support you with a comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + a 401K plan with a company match available after your first six months!
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job