Medical Editor for English Student Content
Hello, we are AMBOSS, and we are looking for the next Medical Editor (English student content). Work with a team of dedicated physician editors to expand and enhance the medical content of AMBOSS by editing practice questions, explanations, and articles.
Why Medical at AMBOSS?
Medical at AMBOSS is a warm, open, and progressive environment, with close-knit communities keeping you connected whether you’re working in the office or remotely. The flat hierarchy within AMBOSS Medical encourages autonomy and amplifies its friendly and supportive atmosphere, setting the perfect backdrop for collaboration, growth, and free-flowing ideas.
Whether you’re all in for change or looking to complement your clinical career, we can make this a reality while significantly increasing the number of patients’ lives you impact.
What you will do
- Work with other highly motivated editors to expand and maintain content for medical students.
- Create new teaching material, including practice exam questions, detailed AMBOSS-style explanations, and articles.
- Collaborate with our illustrators to create new illustrations.
- Integrate user feedback and incorporate new evidence-based guidelines to improve our content.
- Review and revise team members’ work.
- Become an expert in using our content management system.
What you will bring
- Professional English skills (at least C1 or equivalent).
- Medical graduate or very soon to be completed medical studies.
- Previous experience with Amboss as a user.
- A talent and passion for editorial work and teaching complex medical topics to others.
- Digital literacy and fluency.
- Completed USMLE® Step 1 and/or 2CK (!) is a real plus.
- Full-time availability from either our Cologne or Berlin offices is preferred.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job