Lead Design Researcher - US Clinicians
Help us empower doctors to deliver the best possible care
Want to revolutionise how physicians access the medical knowledge they need to deliver cutting-edge patient care? Passionate about designing creative and impactful user research that leads to real product innovation?
Hello, we are AMBOSS, a company built by doctors for doctors. We’re on a mission to empower doctors around the world to deliver the best possible care, and we’re looking for a talented and experienced Lead Researcher who can help us uncover the insights we need to drive development of our clinical knowledge product.
In this role, you’ll lead research throughout the product life cycle, especially early product discovery for our physician product in the US. You will establish relationships with hospitals and clinics that enable us to work with doctors in context, to transform how they access medical knowledge. You will collaborate with your peers on our research team, and work closely with our stakeholders across the business to help us become an innovative, indispensable resource for US physicians.
Why Research at AMBOSS?
Research plays an integral role in business and product decisions at AMBOSS. Our team of six market and user researchers work with engaged stakeholders in the medical, product and market teams to uncover insights that guide strategy and delivery at all levels. With our research ops specialist, we seek to empower our colleagues to do their own high-quality research with training, coaching and tooling.
As a team we live AMBOSS values: we are generous and collaborative when working together, strive for impact; constantly innovate on our methodologies and practices; and apply a growth mindset to learning from our mistakes.
Check out AMBOSS’ Engineering, Product & Design blog. updated weekly to get a sneak peek at our Research team.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of the user research roadmap for US physicians, working with the US market lead and our physician-focused product teams.
- Deliver generative and evaluative research projects to inform product strategy & development.
- Coach product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to conduct their own, high-quality user research.
- Establish and manage partnerships with hospitals, clinics and residency programs for contextual research; create opportunities for product teams to immerse themselves on the ground to gain a deeper understanding of their physician audience.
- Implement lean research, continuous discovery and iterative testing processes within product teams.
- Enhance US research operations in collaboration with our outreach programs and research operations specialists.
- Travel 1-3 times a year to our offices in Berlin or Cagliari to work with your peers in the product, market and research teams. Undertake some local or national travel to conduct research sessions, visit partners, or participate in roadshows.
What you will bring:
- A track record delivering well-scoped, thoughtfully- designed, effectively-managed and impactful user research across the product lifecycle. You “right size” research so it is fit-for-purpose, utilising a lean approach without compromising quality.
- Experience with a wide range of qualitative (and some quantitative) methods - especially contextual and participatory techniques. You understand the strengths and limits of different methods, and know when and how to apply them, mixing methods when required.
- Exceptional data collection skills (moderation, interview, observation) and rigorous analysis and interpretation abilities.
- Experience establishing and managing partnerships for contextual and participatory research.
- Strong project and stakeholder management capabilities. You can juggle the needs of multiple teams, and balance concurrent research projects to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. You turn research findings into clear, actionable insights and deliver them in an impactful format.
- Great interpersonal and influencing skills. You speak persuasively, apply business acumen to shaping recommendations, and help audiences from different functions and levels of seniority translate research insights into action.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Choose flextime and home office options.
- Get some well deserved rest with a generous paid holiday schedule.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events.
- Flex your cortex! Take part in our internal and external seminars, training sessions, and workshops.
- Doctor recommending time off your feet? We’ve got you with our employee mobility perks.
- No risk of high cholesterol in the office! Dig into healthy food and snacks, and become a master barista with help from our amazing coffee machine.
- Feeling under the weather? We’ll support you with a comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental).
- Need a little extra vitamin-D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job